Cloud Storage Errors

Hoping for some with this one! We have a bit of a strange problem with cloud storage. I first noticed duplicate accounts appearing. We seem to have a lot of them. The same user name suffixed with a "1". So we have a joe.bloggs, a joe.bloggs2 etc. At the same time, I'm seeing "New user registration" when people login - despite them not being new users. I've asked for feedback from users and I'm being told that the following happens:

1. Quite often, if a user logs in, logs out, attempts to log back in, they will get an error. "You have successfully connected with cloud storage".... followed by "....we unfortunately could not retrieve your email address". Perhaps the start of the problem?

2. Quite often users are getting an "unable to login" error with a "insufficient cloud storage" message.

Any ideas on fix and prevention?

Thanks!

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited September 2017
    Hi Katie,

our cloud storage creates no new users on it's own. If duplicate users are being created, then it's because your system sends requests to our API and asks us to create these users. So you need to check why your system is asking our API to create these users.

Our cloud storage also does not display error messages. It only accepts and returns data. If you see an error message like "insufficient cloud storage" then you need to have a look at your system. The error is displayed by your own system.

Regards,
  • Hi Claude,

The "system" is the oneall Wordpress social login plugin.... the errors are coming from the oneall plugin.

Thanks
    Hi Katie,

the standard Social Login plugin does not create users in the cloud.
    Have you modified the plugin or how are you adding users to the cloud storage?

Regards,
  • Hi Claude,

Gary here using Katie's account....! There's a SSO additional plugin that I wrote last year and sent to you. You were going to incorporate it into the plugin as I recall.... I'll go back over the code, but the problems are intermittent which lead me to look OneAll side.

Cheers,
    Gary
  • Dirk_LeewardDirk_LeewardMember
    edited September 2017
    I'm seeing a similar same error after I logged in as another user from the same computer. I breifly got a message of "Logging in with Cloud Storage then a redirect to to another page with an error message asking me to turn on javascript and cookies.

After I cleared cookies, the problem was resolved. Not a solution, but maybe a lead on the issue.

If there are cookies on the computer for multiple accounts, for example a google cookie for one user and a Facebook cookie for another user, how are they supposed to be resolved?

This also happens with the new SSO WordPress plugin turned off.
  • It appears that users that sign into WordPress directly are tagged as having logged in from Cloud Storage even though you haven't set up "Cloud Storage" to store additional user data.
    Hi Dirk,

SSO somehow has to pass the user data from one of your website to another to be able to automatic login the user or create a new account on the fly. For that purpose the user data is store in the cloud storage. It's then pulled from there if the user is connected on any other of your websites that uses SSO.

With our SSO plugin, users are automatically added to cloud storage when they login. Otherwise SSO would not be able to recognize them on your other websites.

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.