Oneall as authentication method breaking ACP login

After changing from db to OneAll as authentication method in GENERAL \ CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS \ AUTHENTICATION, I was unable to log in to the Admin Control Panel.

I wasn't sure if this is a bug or if there is something wrong with my side. The site is faqing.org

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hello,

we are not aware of such a problem. What exactly stopped working then you selected OneAll as authentication method?

Regards,

• I'm not able to log in to the Admin Control Panel of phpBB after changing the authentication method. Regular user log ins are fine.

• If I may add a few more details, after enabling Oneall as the authenticiation method, regular db logins (ie. username & password) return a HTTP 500 error.

Hello,

could you check if you have more information about the error 500 in your php error logs?

Regards,

• Winston_WuWinston_WuMember
    edited June 2020

I have the same problem. After enabling the societ networks and selecting Oneall as my OAuthentication, I cannot log into my admin account anymore! I keep getting a 500 server error! What to do? Why didn't someone fix this bug?

https://www.happierabroad.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=login

" This page isn’t working www.happierabroad.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500"

Hello,

could you check if you have more information about the error 500 in your php error logs?

Regards,

• How do I do that? I downloaded the php error log but it cannot open in any application. It's a 2 MB file. I cannot log into my phpbb forum to view anything from the admin panel btw.

Hello,

please send me the log to cschlesser@oneall.com

I will have a look.

• Ok I opened the logs in wordpad and found this message that sounds related. I removed my password.

#1 /home/happier2/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php(2354): phpbb\auth\auth->login('Winston', 'Password', true, 1, 0)
    #2 /home/happier2/public_html/forum/ucp.php(92): login_box('index.php')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /home/happier2/public_html/forum/phpbb/auth/provider/db.php on line 198
    [04-Jun-2020 12:07:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function check() on null in /home/happier2/public_html/forum/phpbb/auth/provider/db.php:198
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/happier2/public_html/forum/phpbb/auth/auth.php(949): phpbb\auth\provider\db->login('Winston', 'Password')

• Winston_WuWinston_WuMember
    edited June 2020

Claude_Schlesse,
    But the logs contain my database password. That's sensitive information. Can you tell what's wrong from the error messages above?

• Wait I found a way. I removed my password from the error logs using wordpad search and replace. I'll email you the error log files now.

Thank. I have received the logs. Please tell me which phpBB version you are using.

• Phpbb 3.3. The latest version.

Thank you. I will work on this now and keep you updated.

• Thanks. What about my server logs from my webhost? How do I download those? Would they help too?

As for now, I have enough information to start working on the issue ;)

• So I just replace the code with that?

Do you know what caused this problem? The oneall extension is not supposed to prevent admins from logging into their own account or admin panel right? How come I experienced this but not others? Was there a conflict with my coding or another extension on my forum?

• Thanks. I was able to log into my forum now.

Why did I experience this but others here didn't?

• I can verify that the updated oneall.php code is working. Am marking as anwsered. Thanks Claude!

• Why did I experience this but others here didn't?

From the change log, I'm guessing that Oneall is not constructing the authentication data to be passed directly to the server. https://github.com/oneall/social-login-phpbb/commit/a76d6904fda3bc5d7e91aec03ca71c192c5bfb65#diff-7d257146e386be8a87b9d972884b930a

I'm sure Claude is able to give you more details.

• Yes but why did only we, me and you Yew Yong, have this issue and error but the others here did not?

edited June 2020

Hello,

adding OneAll here GENERAL \ CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS \ AUTHENTICATION is in fact not required if you only display Social Login on the login and registration pages - which is what most users do.

Our constructor here was in fact uncomplete:
    https://github.com/oneall/social-login-phpbb/blob/a76d6904fda3bc5d7e91aec03ca71c192c5bfb65/upload/oneall/sociallogin/auth/provider/oneall.php

It works in php 3.1 and 3.2 but started failing with php 3.3. We in fact forgot to declare the $passwords_manager which is required if you do a traditional (username/password) login.

;)

• Thanks Claude. Will you be including this new updated file "oneall.php" in your new installation files for the phpbb extension from now on so it doesn't happen to others?

Hello,

yes, the fix has been applied to the new phpbb extension.

Best Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.