PhpBB and Discord: How do I use discord Roles as Groups in PhpBB with the oneall extension?

Hello,

English is not my native language, but I hope I get my question across.

I am running a discord server and plan to add a webpage with a phpbb forum. I have set up the oneall extension in phpbb and it works well. Users can join the webpage by connecting it with their discord (whatever the technical term is). The names and profiles pictures a carried across nicely.

The problem:
They appear as newly registered and have to be assigned manually to the corresponding groups by an admin, which is okay, but it would make things a lot easier if the Roles on the Discord server could be used in the phpbb forum to assign groups or ranks.

I didn't find any settings for this. Is there a possibility to do this? Do I need additional tools for this (discord bot, phpbb extension) ?

Regards

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited August 2020

Hi Stephan,

I had a closer look at the Discord API and technically speaking this would be possible.

On our side we would have to add two endpoints for Discord.

1) Read the guilds a user is member of.
    2) Read the roles a member has in one of these guilds.

On your side you would then have to do a bit of coding (we can help you with this).

As this is a low-demand feature that requires quite a bit of development on our side,
    we can only do it for our paying customers.

So if you can upgrade to one of our paid plans and are willing to do some coding,
    then yes, no problem at all.

Best Regards,

• I'm using WP, not PHBB, but this would be a clencher as to whether or not i would be able to become a paying customer or not. The discord integration to add metadata into the Stripe Subscription / Customer would be key for me to move from my existing home-built solution.
    +1 for discord integration!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.