Administrative rights needed to run forum?

I run a forum on my WP site. One of the Disqus settings is for "Administrative rights". Do I need to turn this on in order to moderate my user's comments, etc? Or can I leave it unchecked? Not sure exactly what it is used for.... thanks for any enlightenment you can share.

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Robert,

sorry we are not the creators of Disqus and we cannot help you with this issue.

Regards,
  • But the settings I am asking about are on your site - not their site. But since you have no knowledge of these settings, can you at minimum point me to the Disqus Pages where you got your info to integrate their platform into your plugin? Then I might be able to find an answer to these settings on your site, there. Thanks for anything you can do....
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited January 2017
    Hi Robert,

sorry I misread your first post. No, you do not need to enable any of these options:

Publish Actions - Permission to post comments on behalf of the user Administrative Rights - Full rights to post comments, moderate forums and view details about commenters

They are only needed to you want to publish content or moderate posts on behalf of the user via the Disqus API.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.