1. Reddit appears to successfully create new accounts, but existing members of my forum, even if they have the same e-mail addresses as on their Reddit accounts, will end up with a duplicate and a "1" added next to the username. The e-mail address of those duplicate accounts are a bunch of rubbish with "@example
.com" added towards the end. How can I make sure Reddit will MERGE existing accounts?
2. I can't see icons for Facebook or Twitter. Not sure where to look for that.
3. I've tried my best to get Google/YouTube to work, but to no avail. The app settings are all correct, but it's not able to process.
4. When I go to User CP and Edit Options, the column where you can choose which social networks to synchronize my account with is essentially empty. I assure you that I installed the most recent version of the plugin on my forum.
Any help with the above inquiries would be most delightful. Thanks.
could you please post a link to your forum?
I will have a closer look.
Please let me know if you can access or not. Thanks.
1) Reddit unfortunately does not provide the user's email address. So the plugin cannot use it to merge accounts. This is why it creates new accounts with a placeholder email address. For existing users the best solution is to open their profile settings and to manually link reddit there.
2) I see both on top of your forum
3) Could you re-enable one or both? I will then make some more test.
4) Social Link does not seem to be enabled at the moment.
Could you enable it in the Social Login settings in your ACP (Social Link \ Enable in the user's profile?)
1. I see. If there is no way to merge, then I may disable it.
2. For some reason, I can't see them. I'm using Firefox. Would Ghostery or another blocker be interfering? Is there a way that I can swap the icon image paths?
3. Of course. I will do that right now for Google/YouTube.
4. I will enable it again via User CP.
Thanks for your continued support.