Why does not twitter login record user email on my website

edited March 2015 in WordPress
When a user signs up on my website using his/her twitter account, their email address is not recorded in the database of the users. Instead it records something similar to this: 57932027328923049403034@example.com
How can I solve this issue?

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited March 2015 Answer ✓
    Per default the WordPress plugin generates a random email address if it's not provided by the social network. You can change this setting in the Social Login settings in your WordPress admin area.

You must change this option:
    If the user's social network profile has no email address, should we ask the user to enter it manually?
    To
    Yes, require the user to enter his email address manually and display this message

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited March 2015
    The Twitter API unfortunately does not provide the user's email address. It's not possible to get that information from Twitter. Depending on the plugin there might however be workaround. Which platform (WordPress, Drupal .. ) you are using?
  • I have the same problem. Had to remove the twitter option since it creates a duplicate account. It is unfortunate because the twitter is one of the most popular networks. Hopefully, this bug will be fixed one day.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.