Regular Users can't link Social Media Accounts

edited June 2015 in Social Login
I have an issue on my PHPBB 3.1.4 site, where by regular users don't see the "Link social network accounts" option in their UCP, however Administrators and Moderators do.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what setting I need to tweak to allow regular users to link their social media sites to their accounts please?

Thanks
Sam

Best Answer

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Yes, you can try to remove the NEVER permission for "Can change profile field information" in the group Newly registered users.
    This is accessible via ACP > Permissions > group permissions (select newly registered users) > advanced permissions > profile tab > Can change profile field information: change the never permission to no.

Regards.

Answers

• Hi Sam,

Can you see (as administrator) the "link social accounts" in ACP > module management > UCP ?

Regards.
  • Hi Frederic,

Yes I can, and it is set to Enabled.
  • Anywhere else I can look? its strange that Normal users cannot link social sites from their UCP, but admins and moderators can...
  • It turns out that, while your answer did not fully fix my issue, it did point me in the correct direction.

My regular users had "Can change profile field information" set to no. I changed this to yes and everything started working.

Thank you so much for your help and speedy replies :)

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.