The social profile is linked to another user

Hi.

In testing my site, I had my standard account, and a secondary account through Facebook. I've since deleted the Facebook user, and now I'm trying to link it to my admin account. The site tells me it's linked to another user still, even after deletion.

I tried to create the Facebook account again, and unlink through the Wordpress Users Profile, but I was unable to find it on the profile information. I changed the associated email, which did nothing to unlink the Facebook account.

So how and where do I need to go to remove whatever residual data is hiding?

Thanks for any assistance with this matter.

Best Answers

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

The screenshot you provide does not include the SocialLogin's part.
    (labeled: "Connect your account to one or more social networks" followed by icons).
    Maybe you're trying to unlink an account while logged in with another (the admin account).

To unlink the facebook account, connect with that account, then in the user profile, go to the social login part, and unlink by clicking on the icon (as Claude_Schlesser mentioned).

Hope this helps.
    regards.
  • Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Well, the reason is that it was not developed as part of the WP plugin. Maybe we could add it.
    This information is stored on our servers, it is one of additional services we provide across social networks.

Regards.

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited June 2015
    Hi David,

please follow these steps to remove the wrongly linked Facebook account:

- Logout from your WordPress, - Connect with the wrongly linked Facebook account (this will create a new WordPress account), - Open the user's profile settings, - Unlink the social network - Logout

Now you can login with any other account, open the profile settings and link the Facebook account.

• That's what I would expect to be the answer, and it's something I tried...see 2nd paragraph, first post.

However, there is nothing in the user profiles to unlink. I have just 4 users with Facebook login so far. 2 show a https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/ url, and 2 do not. The email address associated with the Facebook account is there, no other mention of integration.

Screen shot of profile page included. This is the latest version of Wordpress, 4.2.2. Social Login is 4.6.

• That was the answer.

Is there a reason that an Admin account does not have access to this? Also, where is this data stored, I was unable to find it in my SQL.
  • Hello again,

Just a correction to some information provided earlier regarding your "So how and where do I need to go to remove whatever residual data is hiding?" question: the link between different social apps for a user is stored in your wordpress database. See the $prefix_usermeta table.

Regards.
  • Gary_NowelsGary_NowelsMember
    edited May 2016
    I have the same issue with twitter.

I have tried this with two accounts. In this case it indicated the error; but the account shows linked on twitter apps.

Number 1image
    Number 2
  • Hi,
    Unfortunately, cannot access the screenshots you included.

Don't the previous answers solve the problem?

Regards.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.