Social Login Breaks when users connect from profile page

When a user, already registered on the site, attempts to connect a social network, they are taken to a blank page "Are you sure you want to do this", screenshot attached.image

Best Answer

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    We have a possible solution, could you test it out?
    If OK, we will add it to our next release.

In file: wp-content/plugins/oa-social-login/includes/user_interface.php :
    After this line (around line number 308) $callback_uri .= (strlen (parse_url ($callback_uri, PHP_URL_QUERY)) == 0 ? '?' : '&') . 'oa_social_login_source=' . $source . '#oa _social_link';Add this line:
    $callback_uri = wp_nonce_url($callback_uri, 'update-user_' . $userid);
    Thanks for your input !

Answers

• Hi,
    (We suppose you are using the Wordpress plugin, please correct if not).
    That message seems related to admin pages (coming from an admin page).
    What steps lead to the error message? Are you linking to an administrator account?
  • Yes Wordpress. I used the plugin in a default manner, in the settings I allowed it to be shown on the profile page. When I log in as a regular user (subscriber) and I go to my profile page, I attempt to connect with any one of the social media accounts and I get the screen shown above.
  • I would be happy to send you credentials so you can see it yourself, via email or private message
  • Hi,
    The URL on your screenshot seems wrong, it shows:
    www.fivecentshine.com/your-profile/?oa_social_login_source=profile#oa_social_link which is not a properly formed URL.
    On a test install, following the steps you mention, it shows:
    www.fivecentshine.com/wp-admin/profile.php?oa_social_login_source=profile#oa_social_link and works without error message.

Do you have any other setting that may explain the wrong URL?

Yes, you can always send by email some credentials (fpinel@oneall.com).
    Thanks.

• Thank you for your response. We are using Theme My Login to keep users out of the dashboard area. I am not sure why the path would be an issue... Is this not compatible with Theme My Login?
  • Hi Melanie,
    Thanks.
    Good news, we were able to reproduce your message with Theme My Login (after setting the Enable Themed Profile option).
    So, we'll hopefully get back to you shortly with a solution.
    Also, the 'connect' action (which links to a social network) does work.

Regards.
  • Wonderful, I will wait patiently for a solution, thank you!
  • Yes, that fixed it, many thanks!!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.