I would like to specify the order of the icons

If I use custom code I can arrange the order of the icons, but I want this ability using Wordpress. How would I accomplish this? The order I want is LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, GitHub, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. Currently the icons are ordered by the social media name.imageimage

Best Answer

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It is not possible to do this with the existing settings menu.
    However, it is possible by hacking the plugin a little.
    1. the order of the social network providers is set in the Wordpress database, in the table wp_options, you could edit the field oa_social_login_settings. Be careful as the contents are formatted. In this field, you will find the social networks right after "providers";a:X: (the array of providers).
    2. Another possibility is to edit the Social Login WP plugin code when displaying the providers.
    This is not ideal, because you will lose this change when upgrading the plugin, and when changing the selection of social networks for your site.

Hope this helps.

Answers

• Thanks Frederic, the DB option seems to be the best option for me. Thanks. I take frequent full full and DB backups so I'm well protected. Thanks again.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.