$_POST['connection_token'] is empty

We have been using oneall successfully on our website's subdomain during development to login users. Today we moved to production (moving from the subdomain to the "www" main domain) and the social login portion no longer works. I tracked it down to the $_POST['connection_token'] data being completely empty when accessed by the callback URL.

I double-checked the "Allowed Domains" in the oneall setup and not only is the "www" version there, but also the wildcard "*" which was catching our subdomain as well. I've re-checked all of the code as well surrounding the login and everything looks correct. Literally the only thing that changed was moving from the subdomain to the main domain, so I'm sure the issue is there but I can't figure out why $_POST['connection_token'] would be empty.

Can anyone help with this or have info that could help me troubleshoot further? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Hi,
    How is it not working: do the social network icons show, but the login does not complete?

Thanks.
  • Yes, the social icons show, and when you click them, a window pops up for authorization and then proceeds to login. The only issue is that when the callback is reached, the login doesn't complete because there is no connection token available to retrieve the user data.

As I mentioned about the transfer, it was fully working prior to moving from the subdomain to the main "www" production version, so it's a very strange issue and I can't troubleshoot since the issue is the connection token itself.

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Could you send us the POST request you get on your callback?
    That case seems very odd to us.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks...it's literally completely empty. The GET request has the parameters that I send with the callback URL though, so callback is correct. I will PM you a URL so you can see it up and running. You'll notice that signing in just throws you back to the login page with a "try again" message...that was set up in case the connection_token was empty.

Thanks!
  • edited October 2015
    Follow-up: I finally solved the issue with the empty connection_token. It turns out there was a proxy enabled on our system that was causing the problem, and turning it off allowed oneall to fully work. I still don't understand why it was working before even the the proxy was enabled, but now it's fixed at least. Thanks for your help anyway...I appreciate it!

Best wishes,

Michael
  • Hi,
    Good.
    Perhaps the proxy rules are based on the host name only? (thus missing the switch from test to prod subdomains).
    Regards.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.