Users Spamming After Account Creation

I have two companies that are joining my site through Google Registration. After the account is created, they start spamming the site. I can't find a way to prevent the users from signing up. If they do not use OneAll they can't get past the site registration. However with a gmail login they can create an account easily.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate this during the account creation? I would love to see keywords or specific emails that we can ban ie. %spam%@gmail.com. They always use the same name in the email but will add a numeric value if one does not work they just loop to the next. So if I could just ban the specific name they use it would help.

Thanks

Answers

• Hi,
    Are you using our plugin in a specific environment (Wordpress...)?
    In some of these CMS we have hooks you can attach to that can let you parse registrations...

Regards.
  • Frederic, thanks for the help. This is in a Jamroom CMS environment. I will let them know since we have been having a discussion about thison that forum also.
  • Ah! Interesting, we do not provide a plugin for Jamroom. So, the Jamroom folks did the integration (which is great to hear).
    We do not have spam account filtering on our servers, often this is done in the CMS (or web app in general), once the social network data is retrieved, before the account creation.
    So, yes, please contact them on how you could add your specific registration rules.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.