My users are not being able to sign-up via Twitter!

When a user tries to sign-up using Twitter, the response from Twitter API comes back without Email adress!
Please advise

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Thanks a lot Fred. Finally its working fine now and we are getting user's emails from Twitter.
    best,
    Samer

Answers

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    edited February 2016
    Hi,
    Yes, this is normal, because by default Twitter does not provide email addresses.
    There might be a way to request additional permissions for your Twitter app, requiring their approval.

Now, depending on the environment you're using (a CMS...) there are wasy to prompt the user to provide one when none is available.

Regards.
  • Hi Fred,

I have whitelisted my App in Twitter and they approved it. My Settings in Twitter allows me to fetch user's email address. I also regenerated the tokens and updated oneall settings but still I am not able to receive the email address. Is there anything I should do?

best,
    Samer
  • Hi,
    What is your oneall application subdomain?

Currently we do not process email addresses from Twitter, because the situation never happened. If you can get these addresses, then we'll make changes so as to handle it on our side too.

Regards.
  • Hi Fred,

Subdomain: dawriplus
    Public Key: 75fb279b-834e-4239-aea1-ff1fd6f1b439

As mentioned earlier, our Twitter Application is now whitelisted and is allowed to fetch user's email addresses, thus oneAll can now fetch the emails for our Twitter App from users.

Appreciate your support.
    Samer
  • Thanks.
    Could you also provide us with the URL for the website which uses Oneall?
    Sorry for not asking this before.

Regards
  • Hi Fred,

Its http://test.secure.dawriplus.com/DPSSO/login

Its in arabic, so Ill try to guide you through. You will click on the Twitter icon to log in, which integrates with your twitter account, then you will be redirected to the login page, which shows a red slipper telling you that we are sorry for not being able to fetch the email address.

Let me know if you need any help.

best,
    Samer
  • Hi,

Indeed, the email address does seem sent by Twitter.
    As mentioned, we do not forward this to your website currently.
    We will add this to our todo list!

Regards.
  • Thanks Fred.

Is their a timeline of when will this be available?
    Moreover, can you please ping me when this is done, so we enable Twitter registration on our live production server (as its currently on development environment and not enabled to public).

best,
    Samer
  • You're welcome.

Well, as soon as we get a whitelisted app, we can work towards adding this field, which should be complete in a few days (not the actual effort, but the time elapsed).
    If we do not get whitelisted by Twitter, we have other options so it will happen.
    So, about a week.

Yes, we will definitely ping you when ready.
    Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Just to let you know we've run into some delays... But this is on our list!
  • Thanks Fred.
    Will be waiting for your confirmation.
  • Hi,
    This is in place now. You may give it a try.

Thanks.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.