APK login to phpbb

This is something that we as a group are looking into so i thought i would ask here.

We have a basic android app that we want to share with our facebook group, however we dont want just anyone being able to use the app.
My question: Is there a way that your API could integrate the app and our phpbb forum (we are rebuilding the forum and plan to use social login on the forum, working absolutely perfect on a test). What we really need: for users to be able to login to the app via social login and the app checks phpbb that they are:
A. a registered user
B. they are in a specific group or groups if we include moderator and admin
if the above returns true then allow access to the app.

Best Answers

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Just some comments, but no solution:
    - there is a mobile SDK for Social Login that you can use for your app. But, this is not connected to PhpBB though,
    - PhpBB, AFAIK, does not yet have an API you could use from your app to check permissions, you could always hack something together though,
    - So, maybe the mobile app can login to PhpBB, with Social Login, to achieve both functions?

Regards

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    One starting point could be the Oneall callback URL.
    In case of a successful social login, the user gets redirected to a URL of your choice.
    That URL may actually be a PHP script that looks up the DB as you mention.
    There could be alternatives based on where the look up originates from (ex: JS), but a server-side script gives you security because the DB credentials would be on the server.
    You would know better on the alternative options (mobile) though!
    Hope this helps.

Answers

• thanks fred.
    I think i could write a php file that would check the user row in the database and return back true or false for group id then return a json statement of true or false. Im just not sure where to start with it, I am starting to understand a little more though which is always a good thing.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.