Steam login doesn't work anymore

Dear All,

For some reason, Steam login has stopped working on my website. I have so far integrated with Steam, Facebook and Google only and Steam now doesn't redirect back. Fb and Google works perfectly fine however i need to only allow Steam logins going forward.

Also I need to some how show Steam ID (32 or 64 bit) in the user public profile. Need to really find another utility of oneall apart from just managing open ID login.

Regards,

Answers

• Hi,
    Hum, just checked and it appears ok now. There were problems on July 17 reported.

The Steam ID is present in the social profile: (see an extract below)
    "id": "http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198216666693/", "urls": [ { "value": "http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198216666693/", "type": "profile" } ], "accounts": [ { "domain": "steamcommunity.com", "userid": 76561198216666693 } ],Extracting it in your app depends on your site of course.
  • Steam login on my website is still not working. I have tested it on Pc and Mac with chrome browser. On clicking the Steam login button on home page, it opens a new window where I can successfully login to steam account however it doesn't redirect back creating a login session. This is only happening in case of Steam.

Secondly, the code you have shown above certainly has steam ID however I have no idea from where you getting it? All I am looking for is to show Steam ID or SteamCommunity profile link on user's public profile on my website. I am basically making it mandatory for all users to register/login only via Steam ID as I need their Steam IDs to further whitelist in the gaming servers.

Let me know if you can help in this regard.
  • Hi,
    What is your site's URL?
    Also, do you use Oneall via any plugin (Wordpress,...)

The code shown is the profile your web application receives after successful login and redirection (which is not happening in you case).
    You can see a real example from oneall.com/services/social-login/#social-login-demo.
  • website URL is Drag2Death.com
  • I just used the example link, it doesn't work. I clicked on steam button which opened a new windows, i succesfully logged on and the window disappeared, next the expectation from the example page is that it logs on the user, but nothing happens. In case of FB or other networks, the redirection works well.
  • Hi,
    Registering with Steam on the site seems to work.
    Logging back in also (via the login form and via the registration form).
    (The steam login is not present on the login form).

Regards
  • Hi,
    Regarding your other question on storing the steam id, this link has additional info:
    docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/social-login-wordpress/#3

In your situation, something like this in functions.php will add the steamid to Buddypress profile field 'steamid' (predefined):
    add_action ('oa_social_login_action_after_user_insert', 'add_steamid', 10, 2); function add_steamid ($user_data, $identity) { // supposing $identity->accounts[0]->domain == 'steamcommunity.com' if ( !empty ($identity->accounts[0]->userid)) { do_action ('bp_setup_globals'); xprofile_set_field_data ('steamid', $user_data->ID, $identity->accounts[0]->userid); } else { error_log ('Missing steam id'); } }

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.