Facebook Login functional but does not redirect to page

Hello!
I have recently set up the Facebook Social Login on my website. Users can successfully login with the plugin, but after hitting the Facebook login button they get stuck on an intermediate page displaying the 'provider connection token' without being redirected back to the site. When manually returning to the actual website, however, they are logged in so the actual process of logging in seems to work.
What could be causing the redirection to fail like that?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,
    Facebook is the only provider you chose?
    Many things could be happening.
    What is the URL for this website?

Thanks.
  • Hi!
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yes, Facebook is the only provider chosen.
    The URL is http://fernisha.com
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Moritz,

I just gave it a try and I could successfully login with Facebook.

I can see my avatar and I can also access my profile:
    http://fernisha.com/members/claude-schlesser/

I could not detect any problems.

Regards,
  • Hi Claude!

Thank you for your reply!
    The problem does actually not occur upon registration to the page. It does, however, occur for returning users, who have logged out again before and then try to log back in using Facebook.
    edited August 2016
    Hello,

yes, I see the error now. Could you please open the Social Login settings in your WordPress admin area and check which redirection settings you have for users that login?

Regards,
  • Hi!

Have checked the settings and played with the different options. It is currently set to "redirect users back to the current page".

Regards,
    Could you please set it to "Homepage" and check if that fixes the issue?
  • Have changed the settings now, the problem, however, still occurs.
    Have you made any manual changes to the Social Login plugin? Do you have any plugins which redirect the users after login?
  • No, I have made no changes to the plugin, and I am not using any other plugin that redirects after login. I am using the social marketplace theme from buddyboss. Could the problem maybe be tied to that?
  • This solved the problem, I can now login with Facebook.
    Thank you so much for your quick support on this!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.