List building and page/post protection

edited August 2016 in WordPress
i am surveying the market on social login products and am finding it all a bit confusing.

does this wordpress social login app do these two things:

1) build an email list based on having access to users social accounts?
2) give me the ability to make access to certain pages and posts require social login, and then grant them immediate access once they do so?

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited August 2016 Answer ✓
    1) build an email list based on having access to users social accounts?

Yes, the plugin retrieves the emails and stores them in your WordPress database (exactly like regularly users). So you can obtain the users' emails simply by looking at the users in your WordPress admin area.

There is also a "User Explorer" in your OneAll account. It allows you to export a CSV list with the users' data, include the email addresses.

2) give me the ability to make access to certain pages and posts require social login, and then grant them immediate access once they do so?

Social Login has not been built to restrain the page access. For this you will need another plugin.

On the following page an user explains how he has done it with Social Login:
    http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/47477/is-there-a-social-members-only-login-plugin-for-wordpress

Answers

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.