Linkedin - does not refresh profile data

Hello.
In our project on demand, we refresh data from social networks.
Once we refresh data, next change profile picture in LinkedIn and than refresh data again (in some time ~30mins) But oneAll returns old data all the time.
Could you take a look whats wrong?

Tomasz

Best Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tomasz,

we have successfully tested the fix for LinkedIn on our staging server and we will push it to production tomorrow.

;)
    Answer ✓
    Synhronization for LinkedIn has been pushed to production and is now available.

Answers

• Hi,
    Social data is refreshed when the user logs in with his social account.
    How do you refresh the data on demand?

Thanks
  • Tomasz_KolekTomasz_KolekMember
    edited September 2016
    In our project, we give a user an opportunity to login via one of connected to them social networks. So does it mean if user login via one social network only the social network's info will be updated?
    We update the data each time the user logs in with a social network.

You can also synchronize the data without having the user login in by using the following endpoint:
    http://docs.oneall.com/api/resources/identities/synchronize-identity/
  • Hello,
    So in general it works if I use `'identities/{}/synchronize.json'.format(identity['identity_token']), method='PUT'`
    but in Linkedin, it doesn't. I still receive old profile picture of the profile (what is 404 in general)
  • Hi,
    When the user logs, the LinkedIn profile is refreshed, including the profile picture (you can try it with your profile).

(The synchronize data endpoint does not seem to work for LinkedIn... Looking into it)

Regards
  • Ok, thanks.
    Please upadte me if you'll do any improvements
  • Hi,
    The snychronize endpoint API does not currently support LinkedIn.
    We'll add it to our todo list, and keep you updated.

• Hi,
    any updates? That's crucial for us ;-)

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.