Facebook App Review

Hi,

Can anyone comment on how strict or relaxed the Facebook team are when reviewing requests for extended data?

A section of our app will be about building an online web presence profile for our users and I was wondering whether Facebook would be against user their data for that sort of thing?

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    I just went through and got most of the scopes accepted.

Facebook is 100% ok with you using the User's data to create a profile for them within your system. Plenty of services provide this. (Heck, even Spotify has a profile page!).

The review process is strict in the sense that their review team is very very specific in what they want. If they ask to see a red apple, don't show an orange apple :). Here's how I get through the reviews: Extensive screen capture video.

I write down all the scopes I'm applying for, and figure out a way to navigate through my system in one go that will display where a feature is used (or will be used). Then I record that video, stopping at each point to say (for example), this is where "users.work_history" will be used, clearly showing on the page where it will be.

If you want to go the extra mile to guarantee a painless review: Each scope (permission type) starts off with a list of Use Cases. Most of them, if you select it, will say "This is a not a valid use for this scope". So when you know that Facebook won't let you do that with the Scope at hand, explicitly mention in the text or in the video that your application does NOT do that.

Good luck!

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Ryan,

the more data you ask for the more pickier it will get.
    If you ask for data which makes sense and that you really need then it's usually no problem to get the approval.

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.