Twitter does not link accounts, and uses a fake email address.

Hello,

I am testing a new website with social login. I am using Facebook, Twitter, G+, and WP logins. I tested all of them, and Twitter has an issue.

First, I have the plugin set to require an email, and ask for one if one does not exist:

When I login with Twitter for the first time, it creates a new user, even though I have an existing user with the same email address, and it doesn't use the email address I have in Twitter:

Please advise.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Twitter doesn't send email addresses by default.

Your Twitter App needs to have this permissions/scope set in order to get the user's email address, under "Additional Permissions".

1. https://apps.twitter.com
    2. Your app
    3. Settings
    4. Additional Permissions

Answers

• Actually ... I was curious, so I used the Twitter button again, and it created a completely new user, with another fake email address.

I can't have this work this way. I need a person to be able to attached their accounts together.

I'll have 1000's of new users for one person, and none of their settings will be saved in their account.

• I got this all fixed up. Thanks!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.