Does Social Login not work in Facebook iOS browser?

I was just testing this with my client, and when you share a login in FB messenger for iOS and the user taps it without leaving the app, the login attempt hangs on a page titled Social Plugin | Cross Domain Handler. Is this a known bug? If so, is it being worked on?

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Matt, how exactly have you implemented our services in the app?
  • edited October 2016
    I haven't done anything in an app at all. If you're referring to how did I implement social login on the website... I just installed it and did the setups for the services I wanted, and it worked like a charm except for this. Facebook messenger, like facebook, opens links within the app itself... Said another way, it doesn't pop over to safari or Chrome iOS when someone taps a link, it stays in the facebook app. Twitter does the same thing. So, what happened was I shared a login protected page with my client in facebook messenger just because that's how we talk... This was after having tested it all myself within chrome and believing the social login feature done, lol. So client taps on it, it asks him to log in, he taps to login using facebook... and it hung up on the page mentioned above. Just stayed on a blank screen, no actual error code.

It works in chrome iOS and Safari, just not within the facebook/facebook messenger apps. Might not seem like a huge issue, but given the amount of customer service done over the phone, over facebook... You can see where it could start to be a problem.

Note I am running newest version of iOS 10 public, and the newest release of Facebook and Facebook Messenger Apps for iOS.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.