How can I manually trigger a login popup?

I tried
_oneall.push(['social_login', 'set_popup_usage', 'always']);

and then
_oneall.push(['social_login', 'do_login', 'facebook']);

But that doesn't open the login in a popup, but redirects to Facebook.

What I want is to open that login in a popup, just like when clicking a network in your do_render_ui popup widget
(And no, I don't want to use your do_render_ui widget because it has so many bugs!)

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

What I mean here is that the modal does not update itself after unlinking the account.

Per default Social Link redirects the user to the callback uri after having linked/unlinked an account.
    This is to allow you to gather the details and to link/unlink the social network account in your own database if necessary.

The callback uri is specified like this:
    _oneall.push(['social_link', 'set_callback_uri', 'https://app.oneall.com/user/profile/update/?action=link_social_network']);

It's possible that you either haven't specified a callback_uri or that you are preventing the redirection using an event.

So you're saying I can add these modal classes and override modal styling? That would be awesome!
    Yes, the CSS is added to the modal and you can style any elements of the modal.

Answers

Hello,

thank you very much for your post, we will have a closer look at this issue.
    We aren't aware of any bugs in do_render_ui. What exactly does not work?

Regards,
  • edited January 2017
    Nevermind, turns out I cannot use direct connect anyway in my current plan. Time to start writing our own integration!

Bugs / issues:
    - Unlinking an account does not remove it from the modal
    - Clicking on the LinkedIn button / Twitter button instantly connects with Tw/In without asking for approval / credentials
    - https://support.oneall.com/forums/discussion/4515/bug-linking-twitter-account-does-not-return-connection-token#latest
    - set_force_re_authentication to true does not force re authentication for LinkedIn

Issues:
    - No option to style the modal. Styling looks very outdated.
    - No option to modify the messaging in the modal. It is often very unclear for the end user. Example 'this network is already linked to another user' has no meaning for the end user.
    Hello,

thank you very much for your feedback. We have always an open ear for suggestions and

To unlink and account you need to login with exactly the same account that you are trying to unlink.
    If you login with an account that is not linked, then no changes will be made.

- Clicking on the LinkedIn button / Twitter button instantly connects with Tw/In without asking for approval / credentials
    There is unfortunately no way to force re-asking the username/password once the user has logged with LinkedIn. This is why you are instantly connected when you use LinkedIn. If you want to use a different LinkedIn account, you need to logout on linkedin.com. This is unfortunately a limitation of LinkedIn and nothing that we can change.

For Twitter it should work, we need to have a closer look.

https://support.oneall.com/forums/discussion/4515/bug-linking-twitter-account-does-not-return-connection-token#latest
    Thank you for the reminder. I will ask our Twitter developer to have a look today.

- set_force_re_authentication to true does not force re authentication for LinkedIn
    See me explanation above.

- No option to style the modal. Styling looks very outdated.
    You can embed your own CSS stylesheet and change the modal. Did you give it a try?

No option to modify the messaging in the modal.
    If you have suggestion on how to change the messages, we are always open for feedback!
  • Thanks for the detailed explanation. 2 additions:

To unlink and account you need to login with exactly the same account that you are trying to unlink.
    If you login with an account that is not linked, then no changes will be made.

> What I mean here is that the modal does not update itself after unlinking the account. It still shows the account with the 'unlink' link - even if unlinking is successful. The modal content should refresh after unlinking. Now you have to refresh the page to be sure the account is unlinked.

This should be a very easy UI fix! It is super confusing for end user.

No option to style the modal. Styling looks very outdated.
    You can embed your own CSS stylesheet and change the modal. Did you give it a try?

When I download the style sheet and customize it, I see classes for the buttons. But no classes for the modal.
    So you're saying I can add these modal classes and override modal styling? That would be awesome!

No option to modify the messaging in the modal.
    I'll provide some feedback later.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.