We are glad to welcome you to our Community Support Forums!
These forums are your way of communicating with the community of people developing and using tools provided by the OneAll platform.
The forums are run by the community and moderated by the OneAll team during office hours. Please stick to technical issues - and remember, no confidential information - these are public forums!

Sharing via VKontakte and oal.lu address

Hi,

I have the next issue: when I share an article via VKontakte I see oal.lu address instead of my website address in such post (as I understand this oal.lu address is required for tracking people who share a content from my web site). So question: can this be fixed some how so after a sharing there will be my website address instead of oal.lu address?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

BR, Alex

Best Answer

• edited January 31 Answer ✓
    Hello,

what you can do is add the tag data-shorten-urls="false"

<div class="oas_box oas_box_btns_lfnm" data-shorten-urls="false">
    <span class="oas_btn oas_btn_facebook" title="Share On Facebook"></span>
    <span class="oas_btn oas_btn_twitter" title="Share On Twitter"></span>
    <span class="oas_btn oas_btn_google_plus" title="Share On Google"></span>
    <span class="oas_btn oas_btn_linkedin" title="Share On LinkedIn"></span>
    <span class="oas_btn oas_btn_email" title="Share On Email"></span>
    </div>

For WordPress you unfortunately need to modify the plugin.

You need to edit this file in the plugin directory:
    /public/class-oa-social-sharing-icons-public.php

Locate this line:
    $social_sharing_block .= '<span class="oas_box oas_box_' . $display_size . ' oas_box_' . $sharing_block_class . '"'.( ! empty ($disable_og_tags) ? ' data-read-og-tags="false"' : '').'>';

And change it to this:
    $social_sharing_block .= '<span class="oas_box oas_box_' . $display_size . ' oas_box_' . $sharing_block_class . '" data-shorten-urls="false"'.( ! empty ($disable_og_tags) ? ' data-read-og-tags="false"' : '').'>';

In the next version of the plugin we will add an option in the admin menu to change it there!

Answers

Sign in with your OneAll account to take part in the discussion.