Facebook connection not possible - "Profile connected to another user" error

Hi,

one of my users has an issue connecting his WordPress profile to Facebook. Linked in worked without Problems but when he clicks the Facebook icon on his WordPress profile page to connect it he gets an error saying "Profile connected to another user".

I don´t understand what the issue might be. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Michael

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Michael,

this means that this user already logged in with Facebook in the past.
    The easiest would be this solution:

- The user user logs out
    - Then he logs in using Facebook and goes to this profile settings
    - There he can unlink Facebook.

- Now he can re-login with the correct account and link Facebook in his profile settings.

Regards,
  • Hi Claude,

it´s more than strange but there is an even more "killer" issue that may or may not be related to this. On my client´s site there should be no option to register at all. Therefore the "anyone can register" option in the WP settings is deactivated and I added this action - which I found in your documentation - to the functions.php of the active theme.

//Disable registrations using Social Login
    function oa_social_login_disable_registrations ($email)
    {
    if ( ! email_exists ($email))
    {
    trigger_error ('Registrations using Social Login have been disabled', E_USER_ERROR);
    }
    return $email;
    }

//This filter will be applied when new users are registering using social login
    add_filter('oa_social_login_filter_new_user_email', 'oa_social_login_disable_registrations');

Anyway we tested it with the same user as before and when he tries to login - in this case with LinkedIn, which is not connected - he sees the LinkedIn login window. After typing his username and password he get´s logged into the WordPress site AS A NEW USER (!!!)

We tried three other users before with no issues but with this user there seems to be a total mess, which I do not understand at all.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
    Michael
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Michael,
    Anyway we tested it with the same user as before and when he tries to login - in this case with LinkedIn, which is not connected - he sees the LinkedIn login window. After typing his username and password he get´s logged into the WordPress site AS A NEW USER (!!!)
    Our WordPress plugin has the following option:
    If the user's social network profile has a verified email, should we try to link it to an existing account?
    It's possible that this option is enabled, and that there was already an account when the user logged in with LinkedIn and that the plugin linked LinkedIn to that existing account and the user was thus considered as existing and not as new user.
  • Thanks Claude. I will check that and get back asap

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.