Multiple users, saved social network cookies help

I recently encountered a problem if two or more users share the same computer/browser.

- User A has social network accounts linked to website account (phpBB).
- User A logs out of website, but not social networks (cookies are retained).
- User B logs in to website, attempts to link social network accounts.
- Clicking any Oneall button (Facebook, Steam, etc.) only gives a "Logged in with _______" confirmation and returns the user to the page, but of course the account has not been linked since it's already linked to another account.

I expected at least an error message saying the account is already tied to another user, so they at least know what happened. I know this used to be the case, but it seems recently the error has disappeared. Has anything changed on your end?

I can't use the plugin if it does this, and I have no control over how to handle this situation since all the code is on your side. It's not very user friendly if it just silently fails like that.

I have paid for the standard service as well so I really want to use it. Hope I can get some help. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Ramon,

there should be an error message below the social network errors if the social network profile is already linked to another accounts. Could you please make sure that this error message is not hidden (i.e. because the div/span that contains the icons is not height enough).

If you post a link to your website I will have a closer look.

Regards,
  • Hi Claude,

Earlier, the error message would appear on the actual popup when you tried to link a social network account that was already linked to another. This was fine. But now it no longer happens. I had no idea there would be an error on the actual page, since that never appeared for me. Here's a link to my website:

https://www.playonwasd.com/community/

I have it disabled on login/register for user flow reasons. But once registered, the option to link accounts is on the following pages:

https://playonwasd.com/community/ucp.php?i=213
    https://playonwasd.com/community/subscribe.php

I only have Facebook and Steam enabled.

Thanks!
    Hello,

I tried to create an account to have a closer look, but it asks me for the following information:

Please enter the current WASD passcode. Check out our Facebook group for this information.

Can you either give me the information or give me the login details of a test account?
  • My apologies. The passcode is simply "PlayOnWASD"

• Actually, here's a test account:

U: Arctyx
    P: Password123
    Ok thank you.
    I actually need two accounts to tests!

Error confirmed!
    We will have a look at it and try to fix it before the end of the week.
  • Cheers! Looking forward to it. Excellent service otherwise. :)
    Hello,

have you disabled the plugin?
    I can no longer see it in the account settings.
  • Hi Claude,

I re enabled it now. I had it hidden for a while while doing some maintenance. Please check now. Thank you!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.