These forums are your way of communicating with the community of people developing and using tools provided by the OneAll platform. The forums are run by the community and moderated by the OneAll team during office hours.
Please stick to technical issues - and remember, no confidential information - these are public forums!

How to fetch certain social network profile information (Drupal 8)?

Hi,

I want to use a few of the social network profile information in the user profile of Drupal 8. Up to now I only get the image and the name.
As far as I understand I can use the Rules module to do this in Drupal 7 by using the event "Oneall registered user". But in Drupal 8 I am not able to find this, so I suppose this is not implemented in the Drupal 8 "OneAll Social Login" module already.
What options do I have?

Thanks..

Best Answer

• Hi Sven,

Rules unfortunately had no Drupal 8 module when we created the plugin, so currently the plugin does not support it.

What you can do is edit this file:
    modules/social-login/src/Controller/SocialLoginCore.php

Then look for this block:
    // Create a new user. $account = User::create($user_fields); $account->save();

You could save your custom fields after this block. The data is available from the $identity variable.

Regards,

Answers

• I got it working. Thanks a lot!
  • Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that it works now!
  • Hi!

It's good to see that the support team is doing a great job answering queries.

I was just wondering if the field mapping can be done via some api hooks rather than 'hacking' the module. It's kind of a huge no-no to alter or customise contrib module code.

This can probably also be done via a local patch but then again I can see it as a common concern.

It's a feature request rather than a technical question so I'm grateful for any response. :)

Thanks!

• Hello,

for Drupal 7 we have hooked by with the Rules module
    As soon as there is a stable version of Rules for Drupal 8, we will integrate it too.

Regards,