Link Accounts

Greetings,

Seeing as how the other questions about this have either gone unanswered or seem abandoned - I have same problem.
I am using PHPBB 3.1 - cannot link my account in the UCP.
If I click the link button I get the usual permission block, in not already logged in at that site, and then it says it is logging me in
using that site. It returns to the UCP with nothing checked nor indicated that it did anything. Try the buttons and they just want to create new accounts ....

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓
    Hi James,

the verified email address is in fact the only reliable information that we can use to automatically link accounts together. This however only applies to the automatic link when logging in or registering for the first time.

The social link in the UCP does not require the email address to be the same.

Answers

• I kept at it for a few more buttons ... github finally accepted my linked account and has a checkmark.
    If I am already logged on to Github it will log me in to my board - if not it gives me bad gateway error.

You obviously need a lot more testing on a lot more systems before this is what it needs to be.
    I can work with you if you know which direction to go .....
    Hi James,

I'm very sorry for the issues.
    We carefully test all of our plugins on new installations and we do not release any plugins if there are any bugs.
    We can however not guarantee that it works out of the box on modified forums or with any other plugin/theme on the market.

Could you post a link to your forum?
    I will then have a closer look.

Regards,
  • I haven't tested further - but it appears that the error is my fault. I expected the behavior to be like PHPBB's
    OAuth buttons - e-mail address or username means nothing when linking ... your's requires e-mail address
    to be same if I read correctly. Useless to me but it does appear to work with the one account I setup with
    same e-mail as my PHPBB existing account ....

Thanks for your time ....
  • I setup 18 buttons - I am able to only link 4.
    Hi James,

could you share a link to your forum?
    I would like to have a closer look.

Regards,
  • edited July 2017
    I figured out why I could not link the other accounts - it is because I had tested them without being logged in and linking them first. They were already linked to those accounts - so I recreated the account - unlinked it - went to my account and was able to then link it.

Why was an account by another member name - and mostly different address - holding up me being able to link my account to it?

• You know what - I answered my own question - it is allowing just one account per account at each site - duh! I consider this answered and my apologies about the testing wisecrack - it could use more work in the notifications. The only account that told me it was already linked to another account was Google - the rest raised no errors - if it wasn't for that one I would not have figured it out.
    Hi James,

thank you very much for the update and testing. I'm glad to hear that you have been able to find the issue! I have taken note on your suggestion about the notifications, we will try to improve that in the next version of the plugin!

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.