How to remove social network avatar?

edited March 2015 in WordPress
Hello,

I'm using OneAll Social Login 4.6 plugin with Facebook activated among other social networks. I had connected my WordPress account to my Facebook account. As a result, Facebook avatar took over my WordPress account avatar (gravatar). Specifically, this image is used automatically.

The plug-in setting is "Yes, use large avatars from social networks if available". The image is 50x50 px and it doesn't look good in my "About author" block under blog entries for which I want to use 96x96 px.

I have disconnected Facebook from my WordPress account and expected my Gravatar picture to take over. However, this didn't happen. My WordPress profile picture is stuck on the 50x50 px Facebook avatar.

I've tried to no avail:
• changing my WP e-mail address tied to Gravatar in hope that Gravatar would take over
• connecting my WP account to other social networks in hope they would take over
• disabling and re-anabling Facebook in the plug-in settings

My questions are (in the order of preference):
• How do I get rid of Facebook picture in my WordPress profile?
• Is this possible to force another social network picture?
• How do I alter the OneAll plug-in so that 96x96 px Facebook picture is displayed? I'm not afaraid to edit code, if pushed in the right direction.

If you could suggest any other resolution of this problem, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks,
Vadim

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited February 2015 Answer ✓
    Hi Vadim,

yes it's true that removing a social network connection does not remove the avatar. This is an improvement that we will add to the next version of the WP plugin.

How do I get rid of Facebook picture in my WordPress profile?
    To get rid of the social network avatar you can execute this query in your database:

DELETE FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key IN ('oa_social_login_user_thumbnail', 'oa_social_login_user_picture') AND user_id = (SELECT ID from wp_users WHERE user_login = 'admin' LIMIT 1) LIMIT 2;

If you don't use the prefix wp_ for your tables, then you must replace wp_usermeta and wp_users by the actual names of your tables. Please also replace admin by the login of the user from whom you want to remove the social network avatars.

Is this possible to force another social network picture?
    If you re-link another social network, then the plugin should use the avatar of that social network.

How do I alter the OneAll plug-in so that 96x96 px Facebook picture is displayed?
    If you enable the "large avatars" then the plugin should display the large picture from Facebook if it's available. Could you try to remove your avatars with the query above and then reconnect Facebook in your WP profile? Maybe the plugin could't fetch the large avatar on your first attempt.

Regards,

Answers

• edited March 2015
    The problem now solved. For non-technical people not familiar with SQL queries, you need to replace admin with the actual username (unless this actually admin).

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.