Wordpress Plugin, Limiting Providers for Social Login vs Social Link

Hello,

I've just started using the OneAll WordPress plugin today and I'm finding it to be a very nice solution to a problem I am trying to solve.
I'm old in IT, but new in WordPress and OneAll... I have mediocre experience with PHP... I could code myself out of a paper bag, but I don't know how much further I can go after that ;)

I have a workflow I need to implement that requires someone to login to my WP site with Discord, and then link their Steam account after that... in that exact order.

I would like to expose the Discord login option only, then redirect them to a page where they can link their Steam account.
I would like only the Discord option to show up for user creation, then once Discord is linked, have the Steam option show up.
I would probably attempt do to this by walking the user through the process, have them land on the Discord link page, then redirect to the Steam link page.

Is there a way to either manage the shortcodes that come with the plugin to make this happen, or create a new shortcode that will allow me to manage which providers are displayed?

If not, is there another way I could accomplish this?

Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate any and all help anyone could provide me.

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

there is unfortunately no shortcode that allows you to select the social networks.

You can however use the following JavaScript for the login with Discord:

<div class="oneall_social_login" id="oneall_social_login_container1"></div> <script data-cfasync="false" type="text/javascript"> var _oneall = _oneall || []; _oneall.push(['social_login', 'set_providers', ['discord']]); _oneall.push(['social_login', 'set_callback_uri', window.location.href]); _oneall.push(['social_login', 'do_render_ui', 'oneall_social_login_container1']); </script>

The link is a bit more tricky, as it requires to retrieve and display user data from the database. So maybe for Social Link you can use our short code: [oa_social_link]

So basically you only enable Steam in the Social Login settings in your WordPress admin area. Then you use the WordPress - shortcode to display Social Link and the JavaScript code from above to display Social Login.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.