Error Line

Good Afternoon,
I just upgraded my ubuntu server to the Bionic Beaver. Right after upgrading I get the following error that seems to be related to your plugin and php 7.2.6 "Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/erinandken.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oa-social-login/includes/widget.php on line 119" Is there a way to fix this myself or is a fix in the works? Or is this not a problem with the plugin?

I'm kind of lost where to go with this.

Thanks,

Ken

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓

Hi Ken,

please open this file:
    wp-content/plugins/oa-social-login/includes/widget.php

Then replace this:
    add_action ('widgets_init', create_function ('', 'return register_widget( "oa_social_login_widget" );'));

By this:

function oa_social_login_init_widget ()
    {
        return register_widget('oa_social_login_widget');
    }
    add_action ('widgets_init', 'oa_social_login_init_widget');

This should fix the compatibility issue. The fix will be included in the next version of the plugin.

Answers

• Ken_ChristyKen_ChristyMember
    edited June 2018

Now I get "Warning: Use of undefined constant oa_social_login_init_widget - assumed 'oa_social_login_init_widget' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/erinandken.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oa-social-login/includes/widget.php on line 123"

Edit:
    I just discovered that for some reason wp_debug appeared twice in my config file. I thought the error message was showing up in spite of debug being off. I deleted the second occurrence, which was set to true, and the message went away. I'm sure you need the info above, so I'm leaving this reply. However my site looks normal again so its not an emergency.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ken

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited June 2018

Hi Ken,

sorry, there is an error in the code that I posted before.
    The value oa_social_login_init_widget needs to be put in quotation marks,

Here the correct version (I also changed it in the initial post):

function oa_social_login_init_widget ()
    {
        return register_widget('oa_social_login_widget');
    }
    add_action ('widgets_init', 'oa_social_login_init_widget');

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.