Missing argument 2 for limit_login_wp_authenticate_user

edited April 2015 in WordPress
As far as I know, oneall was working just fine. Recently someone told me they tried to login to leave a comment, and they got an error message. When I went to confirm, the following errors were generated on the redirection:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for limit_login_wp_authenticate_user() in /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php:219) in /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 918

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php:219) in /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 919

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php:219) in /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 920

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php:219) in /home/alcoblog/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓
    Hello, to fix this error you can either re-install Social Login or edit the file communication.php from the plugin and replace this code:

//Check if we can authenticate the user $user_data = apply_filters('wp_authenticate_user', $user_data); if (! is_wp_error($user_data) ) { //Set the cookie and login wp_set_auth_cookie ($user_data->ID, true); do_action ('wp_login', $user_data->user_login, $user_data); }

By

wp_set_auth_cookie ($user_data->ID, true); do_action ('wp_login', $user_data->user_login, $user_data);

Answers

• I'm having this problem as well. Any news, have you fixed this issue? I'm using managed wordpress hosting and am forced to use the limit login attempts plugin, otherwise I'd just remove it.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.