Unable to Link to Existing Accounts

Everything has been installed perfectly, and I have tested it out extensively. Users are able to register with the new social buttons. Then the newly registered OneAll users can go into their control panel and link other social media accounts. Unfortunately, users that were already registered, previous to us installing this extension, are unable to link their social accounts. The window opens, you login to the service, and then it closes the window... but there's no green check mark added. And when you go to signin with the service you just tried to connect, it creates a brand new account.

So users that register with the extension can use the extension to link further services to their account, but members that did not register with the extension are unable to add social links.

Is there some code that I need to include on the website?

Best Answer

Answers

• Correction: anyone that registers through the innate PhPbb system is unable to link social media accounts with their original PhPbb account.
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Jonas,

thank you for the bug report. Could you please tell me which version of phpBB you are using?

Regards,
  • im having this problem too im using phpbb 3.2
  • Yeah I'm also having this problem.
    This will cause the system to create a new user with it's social handle after the slash and the email is some random string.
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Hi Kenny,

are you using phpBB 3.2 too?
  • Hey sorry for the late reply. Yes i'm running phpbb 3.2
  • Same here with phpbb 3.2.1
  • Slava_RuSlava_RuMember
    edited November 2017
    The same problem with phpbb 3.1.11. Can't link old accounts that the emails are matches.
    Ext last version 4.5.1.
  • Thanks for fix! Worked!

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.