Google Security Warning

edited December 2017 in Social Login
Hi,

First time users who connect their Google account get the following message:

"This app isn't verified

This app hasn't been verified by Google yet. Only proceed if you know and trust the developer.

Hide AdvancedBACK TO SAFETY
Google hasn't reviewed this app yet and can't confirm it's authentic. Unverified apps may pose a threat to your personal data. Learn more

Go to oneall.com (unsafe)"

My site has a SSL, and i've entered the correct API keys. If I click on "Go to oneall.com (unsafe)", it then asks if it could manage the contacts of the user (This is another concern - can this be disabled?). Once agreeing to this screen the user can then log in.

Am i missing a step in the setup of this plugin?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Hello,

depending on the data that you request from your users, you need to go through a verification process before you launch your app. This new process came recently to protect user's data. More info here:
    https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/7454865

If you would like to mange your user's contacts, you indeed need to go through that verification.

I however checked your settings and you do not seem to have enabled that option.
    Have you disabled that option by now?

Best Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.