Can Wordpress Social Login be setup to allow only FB closed group members to log into a website?

I am building a school alumni website and would like to include a Facebook login button that would allow only members from its FB Closed Group to login. Other none FB alumni would have the option to login normally.
My question is: Can Wordpress Social Login be set up to allow only FB Closed group members to login?
I would imagine that this would require some form of filter using the groups ID.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this using Wordpress Social Login would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓

Hi Michael,

unfortunately it's no longer possible to obtain the user's groups from the Facebook API. So we unfortunately cannot provide that information.

It's a good idea, but technically speaking it's unfortunately not possible. Sorry!

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.