Link social network accounts to user error

Once logged into the forum (https://forum.fightaddictionnow.org/) and visiting the 'link social network accounts' section, I am unable to link to twitter. I get "Permission Problem"
I have followed all of the instructions for the setup in the app of Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret), so I have no idea why it won't work.
Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hello,

I also get the error when opening my profile after having logged in:
    https://forum.fightaddictionnow.org/profile/claude.schlesser

So I don't think that the error is due to the plugin.
    Have you actually confirmed your account? You will receive an email on your first login.

• Hi Claude,
    Thanks for getting back to me about this.
    What kind of error are you getting? I opened your profile and see no error.

I looked back at emails received from oneall.com and none of them asked me to click any links to confirm the account.

Thanks!

edited April 2018

Hello,

when I open the profile now, I do not get any errors anymore.

It's the Vanilla forum that handles the user confirmation and it also
    sends the confirmation email. The email is not send by OneAll ;)

Regards,

• Hi Claude,
    Thanks for checking that error again.

I'm not sure that I understand how the "Permission Problem" I am having with OneAll relates to the confirmation email from vanilla you are speaking of. Can you please clarify how you think that may solve my original issue?

edited April 2018

Hello,

my post

It's the Vanilla forum that handles the user confirmation and it also
    sends the confirmation email. The email is not send by OneAll

was an answer to this one:

I looked back at emails received from oneall.com and none of them asked me to click any links to confirm the account.`

Not really related to the problem :)

But as far as I could understand the issue is now solved? Or not?

• Hi Claude,
    My original issue never had anything to do with user confirmation emails in the first place so I'm not even sure why you mentioned it to begin with - that's what I am confused about.

My original issue has to do with users connecting to twitter using the OneAall plugin.

When I gave it a try, the login was successful, but then your forum told me that I had to confirm my account before being able to use it.

So my impression was that the problem is not the plugin that won't log you in, but the forum that won't let you log in because you first need to confirm your account.

• Thanks for getting back to me.
    Seems like that is a separate issue.
    My account is confirmed (and the admin account) and I still get "Permission Problem." Others here in the office who have regular, confirmed accounts get the same issue when trying to connect with Twitter. I have followed all of the instructions for the setup in the app of Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret), so I have no idea why it won't work.

Hello,

please open your apps here:
    https://apps.twitter.com/

Then go to the Settings of your app and make sure that

Enable Callback Locking IS NOT checked
    Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter IS checked

Regards,

• verified -

NOT CHECKED - Enable Callback Locking (It is recommended to enable callback locking to ensure apps cannot overwrite the callback url)

CHECKED - Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter

Hello,

I just gave it another try and for me the login with Twitter works!

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.