Woocommerce Checkout Reg - Signing up with facebook Names Missing.

I have setup the app and site as per the instructions. When the user checks out at the woocommerce page (where we just have first name, last name, email (woo billing fields). It logs them in with facebook and captures the email, but it keeps me on the same page with the 2 name fields missing. I then need to fill in the names and place the order. Because of this the purchase doesn't happen and they get added as a subscriber - I have seen in your docs how to fix this user role issue but the missing names is the main problem. Please can you advise. Thanks! Otherwise looks like a great plugin.

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    Answer ✓

Hello,

WooCommerce probably saves the first and lastname in custom fields that Social Login is not aware of.

What you could try is a hook like this:
    http://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/social-login-wordpress/#3b

The example is for BuddyPress, but for WooCommerce it should be similar.

xprofile_set_field_data ('First Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->givenName);
    xprofile_set_field_data ('Last Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->familyName);

In these values you have the data:

$identity->name->givenName
    $identity->name->familyName

You then need to replace xprofile_set_field_data by the function that saves the data for WooCommerce.

Do not hesitate to write another post if you are stuck, I will then have a closer look.

Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.