never had any problems with one all in wordpress - now error message "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

edited July 2020 in WordPress

The question says it all. Never had any problems. Suddenly today users cannot login using OneAll. WP/Normal login is working fine. Tried "Autodetect API Connection" is ok with "Detected CURL on Port 443 - do not forget to save your changes!" and "Verify API Settings" also ok "The settings are correct - do not forget to save your changes!" Site: https://hamar-tennis.no

Best Answer

• Hil_TennisHil_TennisMember
    Answer ✓

Problem solved. Our host confirmed they added new firewall rules which caused the problem. The rules has been removed and now it's working again! Sorry for the trouble @Claude_Schlesser Thank you for your excellent support!

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hello,

we haven't updated the plugin recently. So if it suddenly stopped worked, then there is probably something that has changed on your server. Have you made any changes? Changing file permissions? Updating files? New server?

Best Regards,

• Thx for your reply @Claude_Schlesser We are on a hosted server so don't know if the hosting company made any changes. The "Warning! Your users cannot login." email from support@oneall.com came on Saturday the 25th. I'm almost sure the hosting company did not change anything during the weekend. I can give you temporary administrative access to our Wordpress site if you would like to take a look. Send me a PM

Hello,

yes, I could have a look at your administration area. I wil send you a PM ;)

Best Regards,

Hello,

I did some testing and I think that there is an issue with the file permissions.

Please go to "Utvidelser \ Utvidelseredigering" and select "Social Login".
    On the right side you can now see the plugin files.

I you now try to open the file "includes \ communication.php", the server will display the following error:

403 Forbidden
    Access is forbidden to the requested page:

You can open any of the other plugin files, but for this one you will get an error.
    It might also be this issue that leads to the error during the login.

Please open your website with an FTP browser and look at the files in this folder:

wp-content/plugins/oa-social-login/includes/

Then check the permissions of the communication.php file.

• Hil_TennisHil_TennisMember
    edited July 2020

I checked the file permissions for communication.php and it's set to 0644
    https://imgur.com/a/caGtbJh

Hello,

thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that it works now ;)

Do not forget to leave us a review if you have a couple of minutes.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/oa-social-login/#reviews

Best Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.