WordPress - Log in with Twitch creates a new user if an email address is already in use

edited October 2020 in Social Login

Log in with Twitch works great to create new user accounts on my WordPress site. However, if a user already exists on my WP site, and they attempt to Log in with Twitch, they see the message: "You have successfully connected with Twitch.tv!" along with the red error message: "This email is already used by another account" - I have the Link feature activated in settings. But, rather than performing a link to the existing user, the OneAll plugin creates a new user with the same name and a "1" appended. The new user account also has no email address. Finally, the new user account is linked to Twitch. The original is not. How do I fix this?

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hi Talis,

thank you very much for the bug report.

We have now fixed an error where the email that our API returned for Twitch was not correctly being flagged as "verified", which prevents the plugin from using it to link the accounts together.

To give it a try, please delete the wrongly created new user and then try to login once again using Twitch.

Best Regards,

• not sure what you’re asking about if it is a standard install.
    if you mean the signup from using a plugin… yes and no. we removed the records that i mentioned in the thread and now it works on our custom form built in GF and WPs default forms. However, there was a record with the email in question in a table called wp_signups… am i correct that this table is not a default WP table? mybkexperience mcdvoice

• If it is a typical install, I'm not sure what you're asking about.
    if you're referring to the registration from a plugin, No and yes. It now functions on our custom form generated in GF and WP's default forms once we removed the records that I indicated in the thread. However, a record containing the disputed email could be found in the wp_signups table. Do I have this right that this table isn't a standard WP table? monkey mart

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.