Could not contact API. Is the API connection setup properly ?

I receive the following error message: Could not contact API. Is the API connection setup properly ?

I have copied and pasted all the API information from oneall website over to my phpbb forum settings for oneall.

When I click on Verify API settings, it runs for a few seconds and then pops up with Could not contact API. Is the API connection setup properly ?.

I have checked the firewall, and that's not an issue. Now I do have this on another site, which it works fine, so its not a CURL or FSOCKOPEN issue either.

What else could be the problem here?

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hi Mark,

our phpBB plugin seems to have an issue where it sometimes cannot detect the API connection.
    We have unfortunately not yet been able to reproduce it.

Could you please just save your settings and then try to login with a social network in your phpBB ?
    If it does not work, then please change the connection handle (FSOCKOPEN<->CURL) and try again.

If it still does not work, then please get back to me and I will do some more debugging.

Best Regards,

• It loads up the API callback but then just has the "loading" symbol, and never stops. Which doesn't connect to the Facebook Account.

• Just curious, is it maybe because I'm using port 443? HTTPS, because I have an SSL on my domain, and I always use HTTPS rather than HTTP for security.

Hi Mark,

no, our services work on http as well as on https, so that should not be an issue.

If you have access to the console of your server, could you please try this command:

telnet ping.api.oneall.com 443

You should receive a result like this:

Trying 136.243.63.184...
    Connected to ping.api.oneall.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.

• Hi @Claude_Schlesser @Mark_Phire , I have the same issue as Mark describes on July 23: with both the Instagram and Facebook connection test I get an infinite loading indicator. First I thought I was just to needy to still keep trying the Instagram login to work, but after configuring the Facebook login instead it behaves in the exact same way.

@Claude I don't have console access on my phpBB installation server but I do see the other social logins I have configured (Twitter, Discord and Youtube) working as expected on the 443 port. That 'll tell you the same as telnetting the connection from the console right?

Integration: phpBB Oneall Social Login version 4.7.2
    Website: www.brickstow.com, social logins used at brickstow.com/afol

• Sorry for the late reply, I didn't know you replied here @Claude_Schlesser But here is your info:

telnet ping.api.oneall.com 443
    Trying 136.243.63.184...
    Connected to ping.api.oneall.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.

@Jack_Brick
    @Mark_Phire

I send you an email ;)

• Greetings,

I am also having this exact same issue:

• Everything is set up correctly (triple checked keys and domain)
    • Auto detect API works with CURL & 443
    • I can telnet to ping.api.oneall.com 443 from the server
    • Setup Facebook authentication

But I get the message: "Could not contact API. Is the API connection setup properly ?"
    Trying the Facebook auth just gives an infinite spinning circle.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Hi John,

could you please post a link to your forum?

I will have a closer look.

Best Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.