why is oneall/library.js loaded on all pages when not used?

edited December 2020 in phpBB

phpbb 3.3 - Social Login 4.7.2

I use phpbb 3.3 and from the ACP configure that oneall social login is only shown in the index. This is correct, visually it only appears in this one, however, the script is loaded in each and every one of the pages (topics, subforums, etc.), even if it is not shown. I don't know if this is a general behavior of the api (I would be surprised) or if it is a bug. This in itself is critical, since although oneall is distributed from a CDN, the latency is great especially in some locations + - 1s.

I hope someone can shed light on the matter.

Specifically this is the part of the script that is loaded and to which I refer:

<!-- OneAll Social Login : http://www.oneall.com //--> <script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[(function(){var oa=document.createElement('script');oa.type='text/javascript';oa.async=true;oa.src='//editedforprivacy.api.oneall.com/socialize/library.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(oa,s);})();//]]></script>

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team

Hi Diego,

the library is included "everywhere" to give our customers the possibility to easily include the Social Login buttons wherever they want. I fully understand that you are watching the loading speed of your website. The script is in fact only loaded once and then served from the user's cache without any latency.

Best Regards,

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.