Error with LinkedIn

Hello

I managed to install your plugin and test it with Facebook & Google.

However, when I try with LinkedIn, I get the following error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 782: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 810: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 830: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 851: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 872: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 893: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 916: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 950: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 969: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 990: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 1011: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_oa_social_login.php on line 1032: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class

Any idea about the origin of the issue ?

Thanks,
Loïc

Best Answer

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited August 2015 Answer ✓
    Hi Loïc,

LinkedIn has changed it's terms and conditions:
    https://developer.linkedin.com/blog/posts/2015/transition-faq

Per default you are only allowed to tick the following options in your OneAll LinkedIn settings:
    - Email Address (Verified)
    - Share content - Post content on behalf of the user

I have seen that you had ticked these options:
    - Date of Birth
    - Education History/Details

To use these options you need to request access from LinkedIn otherwise the connection will fail.
    https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/api-dvr

I have now disabled the Date of Birth/Education and History/Details permissions in your LinkedIn settings. LinkedIn should now again work for your site. If you want to retrieve the additional info, then please request the permission from LinkedIn before enabling it in your account.

Answers

• Hi,

Which versions of PhpBB and Social Login are you using ?

Thanks.
  • Hello

I'm using phpBB 3.0.13 and Social Login 3.6

Best,
    Loïc
  • Hi,
    Thank you.

Do you still experience the error with LinkedIn ? Does connecting with LinkedIn always give the error ?
    If so, can you verify your LinkedIn configuration, both on app.oneall.com, and in PhpBB ?

Regards.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.