I manage several client accounts from the same laptop, and lately I’ve noticed that some sites seem to recognize the device even when I use separate browser profiles and different proxies. A couple of accounts have started getting extra verification checks, which makes me think the browser is still giving something away. I’d rather figure out what’s causing it than keep changing settings at random. What else can websites see, and how do you deal with it?
Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.
Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.
Answers
I’d stop blaming the proxies for a minute and see what actually changes when you switch from one profile to another. Run a couple of them through AmIUnique and compare the results side by side. If they still look almost identical there, you’ve at least found the direction to dig in. Much easier than installing five privacy extensions and hoping one of them magically fixes it.
That checker should give you a few clues, but I wouldn’t start tweaking every result one by one. WebGL is one of the things worth digging into here, and you can read about WebGL fingerprint here: https://gologin.com/blog/ultimate-guide-to-webgl-fingerprint/ . For several client profiles on one computer, I’d also look at an antidetect browser. Keeping each account in its own browser profile is a lot less tedious than constantly trying to fix the same setup by hand.