I've been hearing that apartment prices in Dubai have cooled off a little, and now I've got the idea of buying something there stuck in my head. I work remotely in IT anyway, so technically I could live and work from pretty much anywhere. Dubai has warm weather, the sea, and it would be a nice change from spending half the year dealing with cold and rain. I'm not looking for some crazy luxury place, just a comfortable apartment in a good area where I could actually live full-time. Where would you start looking?
Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.
Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.
Answers
Since you're planning to live there and work from home, I'd focus on neighborhoods that are comfortable for everyday life. Grocery stores, gyms, cafes, decent road access, and a building with good facilities will all matter once you're actually living there. I'd start with Dubai Hills and also check Business Bay if you want something closer to the center. Look at a few actual apartments in both areas and see which one feels closer to what you have in mind.
The area matters, but I'd pay just as much attention to the actual building and layout. When you're working from home every day, an extra room, a proper balcony, parking, and decent building facilities can make a big difference. Look at Dubai apartments for sale here: https://atvir.com/uae/residential-complexes/apartments . I'd save a few places that actually feel livable to you, not just the ones with the flashiest interiors. After looking through a handful of them, you'll start getting a much better sense of what you actually want from the apartment.