Doubt: "User could not be authenticated"

edited December 2015 in Social Sharing
When trying to share some content the following error message is returned:

"status":{
"flag":"error_user_is_not_authenticated",
"code":401,
"message":"The provider did not accept the message: the user could not be authenticated"
}

I understand each provider access token has an expiration date, but aren't these tokens refreshed automatically?

Best Answer

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Thanks.
    Linkedin specifies the following 3 conditions for the 401:
    - It has expired.
    - The user has revoked the permission they initially granted to your application.
    - You have changed the member permissions (scope) your application is requesting.
    Now, expiration is 60 days, so it does not match the 1.12.2015 login date you mentioned.
    If you had changed the scope for your app, then all your users would be affected.
    This leaves the user revocation. Your suggestion would fix that.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of a bug :-)

Answers

• Hi,
    This does not mean the access tokens have expired, but that they aren't any, or that there is no social network user id.
    Are you sharing content for a user, or a list of identities?
  • Hi Frederic,

The system is sharing the content for a user, not for the identity. The user associated his account successfully and has given the post permission.
  • Frederic,

There is another user facing problems. The user had shared content normally until two months ago. But now, he can't share anymore. I checked his account and everything seems to be ok, however the following error is given.

"flag":"error_message_is_not_permitted",
    "code":403,
    "message":"The provider did not accept the message: you do not have the permission to post on behalf of the user"
    }

I checked it, the user has granted the post permission.

• Hi,
    Which social network are you posting to?
    When did the user last connect? (connection)

Thanks.
  • Frederic,

Hi is trying to post to Facebook, his last connection was on 01.12.2015 14:40.

• Hi,
    Maybe you can double check the Facebook app settings (ID and secret).
    Incorrect app secret can cause the error you reported:
    "flag":"error_message_is_not_permitted",
    "code":403,
    "message":"The provider did not accept the message: you do not have the permission to post on behalf of the user"
    }

Was the 1st error:
    "flag":"error_user_is_not_authenticated",
    "code":401,
    "message":"The provider did not accept the message: the user could not be authenticated"
    }
    for Facebook too?
  • Frederic,

The first error is happening when attempting to post to the Linkedin. I have checked the credentials - they are fine, I posted some stuff for testing purposes. This is the strange part of this issue, most users are posting successfully but some users don't. Some of these users were posting normally but then suddenly they couldn't anymore.

I am compiling a list of users facing the problems mentioned. I will instruct all of them to sign in with their social providers again, and see how many will still have problems to then investigate further.

Thank you.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.