New account

edited March 2016 in Opencart
Hi!
The extension for Opencart doesn't work so good if you are using it for login for creating a new account.It looks like the shipping information will be missing.
regards
Thomas

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Hi!
    Thank you for opening my eyes! There were another extension modifing the exension.php. When disabling this extension the shipping error disappeares.

After full filling the registration the new customer wont be visible in the customer list. Still the customer is in the database table and when clicking his name in the order I will get to the customer information.

Maybe this is some sort of conflict at my shop, I don't know.
    regards
    Thomas

Answers

• Hi Thomas,
    The module creates customer accounts based on their social profile, which does not necessarily contain an address. The customer account can be created creation though.

Are you suggesting that a new customer (registered with the Oneall module) should be asked to provide his/her address at registration time?
    Or, what is the wrong with adding the address later, say by editing his/her profile (My Account)?

Thanks.
  • Hi!
    There is nothing wrong with providing the address later on, but it seems to generated errors at registration after completed the address. It will result in errors to calculate the shipping cost.
    regards Thomas
  • These errors occur during Opencart checkout. I added the payment address at step 2 at checkout. At step 3 I am asked if I would like to use the default address for shipping address. I marked that suggestion and clicked for step 4 where the shipping options are supposed to occur.

Notice: Undefined index: shipping_methods in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 16Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/torshammar/domains/torshammarens.se/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php on line 19

regards Thomas
  • Hi,
    This is odd.
    We can't reproduce this warning unfortunately.
    We do go through step 2, and the address gets saved for the customer, we can proceed to step 3 and 4.
    Also, we don't have the file (system/modification/catalog/model/extension/extension.php) that is causing the warning.
    Are you using the hosted OpenCart?

Regards.
  • Ah, glad you found it.
    I'll close this thread for now (re-open one for other issues you may have).
  • Thank you!
    Thomas

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.