Social Login and Classipress (by Appthemes)

edited February 2016 in Social Login
Hey guys,

Social Login is the plugin recommended by Appthemes for use with their themes. "Oneall have taken the time to make sure their plugin works with all our themes."

I'm running Classipress and just installed the Social Login plugin.

The login appears on both the Login and Register pages as described in the plugin docs, however the 'description to be displayed above the Social Login buttons' on the registration page is totally out of place/misaligned. In my case it's "Login or Register with your Social Sharing account:"

australiantackletrader.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Social-Plugin-Register.tiff

I'm running a bog standard Classipress install and I've disabled every other plugin on my site (looking for a conflicting plugin) but it had no effect. It seems to be conflicting with the basic functionality of the theme itself.

Has anyone experienced this issue and/or can offer a fix?

Regards,

Paul.

Answers

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    edited February 2016
    Hi,
    This is caused, and can be solved with CSS.
    Apparently the caption for the login icons is not properly shown with Classytheme.
    Our plugin does not have specific CSS for the label.
    It's hard to give a CSS fix without knowledge of the theme (not freely accessible).

Anyway, you can modify the CSS for these elements under Wordpress.
    For example by adding a small hook function that loads a small CSS file, which contains the label style rules:
    function my_login_stylesheet() { wp_enqueue_style( 'custom-login', get_template_directory_uri() . '/customlabelchanges.css' ); } add_action( 'login_enqueue_scripts', 'my_login_stylesheet' );
    Then, whatever CSS changes you need are to be placed in that customlabelchanges.css.

Regards.
  • .oneall_social_login_label { margin-top: -10px; padding-left: 100px; } .oneall_social_login_providers { margin-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 135px; }

I used that CSS on my ClassiPress theme to make it look better.
  • Good (assuming it solved the render), thanks for posting this as it may help others.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.