Issues with multiple logins - social accounts

Currently my site has issues when I try to test multiple social logins.
If I login with a non social linked account, I can login and logout without issues.
When I attempt to login with multiple social network accounts, it will not login.

If I have tried no other logins (either social or otherwise) every social login will work.
I have recently changed to https, and wonder if this is an issue with some of the api's created, and needing to update to https for allowed request domains.

My site is https://bbs4you.com

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    I turned on all of the debugging, and found errors that were stopping the site from generate cookies. Now the plugin works as expected, and I am not able to break it. Consider this one resolved

Answers

• Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited March 2017
    Hi Brett,

I just tried to login and got a big debugging message with my Facebook profile data.
    I think that somewhere in your code you have forgotten a var_dump or print_r.

Regards,

• Sorry about that, had been collecting a list of what items were available from each social network we had enabled to know what could be put directly into the profile fields, and I'd left the var_dump enabled over night.

I have removed that, and you should be able to test again - I have removed your account, so you can try this again
    Hi Brett,

I have the same issue. Have you modified the file /includes/communication.php of the plugin?
  • No, I don't believe I have, I try to avoid modifying files in plugins where I can, and use hooks/filters to achieve what I need. Would it be advisable to remove the plugin and place back in again?

So I could control how the social network icons were labelled, I have used javascript to insert them into the page, rather than use a short code.
    I use the following code to do so(gathered from your site when customising it) - I this instance I have added in a _2 so I could have separate div's showing at the same time of the login icons:

var _oneall = _oneall || [];
    _oneall.push(['social_login', 'set_callback_uri', window.location.href]);
    _oneall.push(['social_login', 'set_providers', [ 'amazon', 'facebook', 'google', 'linkedin', 'windowslive']]);
    _oneall.push(['social_login', 'do_render_ui', 'oa_social_login_2']);
  • If I log in with the same social network twice in a row, it will show as logged in.

Let me know if you need any logs
  • Any answers Claude?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
    Would there be an issue if the site has issues with writing cookies?
    Hi Brett,

yes, that would be an issue :)
    Have you discovered something with the cookie?
  • I use BuddyPress, and it is having issues with writing cookies there too. The function bp_core_add_message should write a cookie that it then reads after a page refresh, this is not working.
    What cookie should your plugin write?
  • edited March 2017
    Thanks for your help

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.