[PHPbb 3.1] Registration process (Facebook and Steam)

edited May 2015 in Questions
Hi guys! I was wondering if it's possible to change the way username appears. As mine on my own forum now would be fredrik.Øksnes - I would log for my users to be able to set their own username - without having to tick the "Allow namechanges" in the ACP.

Also, I have a few other fields, which I've made obligated to fill out, like steam name, steam link etc, but as you see the "login with x" basically just skips all the steps. Also, when registered, they can't edit their profile even. (that's probably the biggest issue I have right now)

Link: csgonorge.net (its in norwegian)

Any solutions/feedback? :)

Answers

• Fred_PinelFred_PinelMember
    edited May 2015
    Hi Fredrik,

Regarding the username change: if you are suggesting the user should be able to change the username provided via Social Login, instead of directly logging him in, then this is something we would need to add.

Regarding "Also, when registered, they can't edit their profile even.", do you mean they cannot edit any profile setting in the User Control Panel, or only the User Control Panel | Profile | Edit Account Settings (which lists the username, email... which requires the current password) ?
    Is the "Link social network accounts" visible in User Control Panel | Profile | Edit Account Settings ?

Thanks.

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.