Customers being sent Text only format and I get PHP: Warning: Illegal string offsets

edited July 2017 in ZenCart
Hi there,

I have OneAll working on my Zen Cart v1.51 and the only problem I have is I get the following Debug errors.

[04-Jul-2017 08:57:32 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_TO_NAME' in /home/magnolia/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 96
[04-Jul-2017 08:57:32 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_TO_ADDRESS' in /home/magnolia/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 97
[04-Jul-2017 08:57:32 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_SUBJECT' in /home/magnolia/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 98
[04-Jul-2017 08:57:32 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_FROM_NAME' in /home/magnolia/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 99
[04-Jul-2017 08:57:32 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS' in /home/magnolia/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 100

After successfully logging in via OneAllSocialLogin, the situation is:

- The customer DOES get the "Welcome to the store" type email but it's only in TEXT format not HTML and I suspect the above errors are part of the problem

- The new customers get registered as TEXT Only for their email preference and not the system wide default setting of HTML

The above file affected functions_email.php is identical to the newer version of Zen Cart v1.55 so I ruled that out.

What I desire is to send the Welcome email and all future emails to the customer in HTML format and not have the log errors listed above.

Can anyone help? :)

Thanks!

Brandon

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank you Claude, I just did that and ran a test and it appears working fine!

I really appreciate it, everything looks great and now uses the HTML format account welcome and all order status emails.

I'll let you know if I encounter any bugs through today's testing.
  • Claude_SchlesserClaude_SchlesserAdministratorOneAll Team
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that it works now!
  • Hi Claude, just wanted to check with you on something. After the change, the autoresponder emails don't seem to be using the HTML template I have in my /emails folder called: email_template_autoresponder.html.

I checked to make sure I have both Pre-Text and Post-Text configuration fields populated, and both Pre-HTML and Post-HTML fields populated for my preset.

I checked the customers email preferences in Zen Cart Customers to ensure they are set to receive HTML messages.

Is there anything during your last modification above that would bypass or force the Text version to be sent out?

As I mentioned I no longer get the debug errors as listed above thanks to your fix.

Thanks!

Brandon

Welcome!

Please sign in to your OneAll account to ask a new question or to contribute to the discussions.

Please click on the link below to connect to the forum with your OneAll account.