These forums are your way of communicating with the community of people developing and using tools provided by the OneAll platform. The forums are run by the community and moderated by the OneAll team during office hours.
Please stick to technical issues - and remember, no confidential information - these are public forums!

How do I map "emails" and "organizations" info from LinkedIn to BuddyPress?

edited October 17 in Questions

Hello,

I'm having difficulty properly pulling this information over. Here's what I have edited in my theme's function.php

function oa_social_login_store_xprofile ($user_data, $identity)
{
  do_action('bp_setup_globals');

xprofile_set_field_data ('First Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->givenName);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Last Name', $user_data->ID, $identity->name->familyName);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('LinkedIn', $user_data->ID, $identity->profileUrl);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Location', $user_data->ID, $identity->currentLocation);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Bio', $user_data->ID, $identity->aboutMe);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Headline', $user_data->ID, $identity->note);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Email', $user_data->ID, $identity->emails->value);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Organization', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->name);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Industry', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->industry);
  xprofile_set_field_data ('Position', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations->title);
}
add_action( 'oa_social_login_action_after_user_insert', 'oa_social_login_store_xprofile', 10, 2);

Everything is working perfectly except for the last four - email, organization, industry, and position. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• I found the issue. It requires adding [0] after emails and organizations, i.e.:

xprofile_set_field_data ('Email', $user_data->ID, $identity->emails[0]->value);
    xprofile_set_field_data ('Organization', $user_data->ID, $identity->organizations[0]->name);

Answers